This is my snippets card for the fortnight, but my use of snippets isn't at all imaginative. In fairness I was a bit limited by the stripy snippet of paper which I wanted to use as a link to this week's prize:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- LOTV stamp called 'All our Dreams', which comes with the sentiment 'in situ', stamped onto a snippet of white card using Memento 'London Fog' ink
- coloured the image using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils
- die cut the image panel using a Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' die (I need more of these wonderful dies, in more shapes!) and backed it with ochre coloured card, from a snippet
- then cut the little snippet of stripy paper (found in the snippets folder and almost matching a paper in part of the prize) I wanted to use to suit the card and backed it with ochre coloured card, from the rest of the snippt I used in the step above
- popped both panels onto the card front using Collall All Purpose glue and left it at that
As I said, not my finest snippets creation by any stretch of the imagination. But, in real life at least the colours I used for the image are much softer and all match the stripy paper and the ochre frames!
This coming fortnight's prize is:
kindly donated by Donna. There's a paper pack, box of flowers, packet of bows and a packet of buttons - all beautifully co-ordinating.
If you sent a prize for the Playground and it hasn't yet appeared, I'm trying to work my way through them and they are still here safe and sound in the toy box! The lovely Darnell sent a prize over a year ago so I think that one's top of my list for two weeks time!
It's still a maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. I won't be splitting the prize this time. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
We have a nice little list of Playmates who are happy to be Guest Designers - our first one will make her appearance next week. I thought it would be good to have a GD on the interim week to give you more inspiration then I can with my snippets make.
Be sure to call back next week to see the winner of last fortnight's prize (the VW Campervan die set and the set of sentiments stamps) and my picks from the past two weeks as well!
AND, the wonderful Loll has kindly made up a Gold Star Award badge and it's on my right hand sidebar. So if you were a Gold Star Pick last week (Heather) or are awarded a Gold Star in the future then do please take the badge for your own blog.
Look forward to seeing what you come up with this fortnight, possibly a few Valentines cards?! Love from Parsnip and me,