This is what I came up with - not very adventurous but rather pretty in real life (despite being an absolute 'piggy-wiggy' to photograph!):
|This photo has slightly picked up the shimmer from the Brilliance ink layers|
- 4" x 5.75" card blank, made using Neenah 'Desert Storm' card stock
- Penny Black stamp called 'dreamy' and the Misti to position the stamp first of all
- tapped all over the stem using VersaMark 'Hint of Pesto' chalk in pad and stamped it a couple of times
- tapped Memento 'Summer Sky' dye ink all over the wispy fronds and stamped
- next added some Brilliance 'Pearlescent Lavender' to the middle part of the wispy fronds and over stamped
- then added some Brilliance 'Pearlescent Orchid' to the lower section of the wispy fronds and overstamped
- added a sentiment from the Paper Smooches ''Sentiment Sampler' set, using VersaMagic 'Hint of Pesto'
I'm always in a quandry here over Sympathy cards. When you need one you generally need it fast. But if you make one or two in advance to have ready, then it maybe doesn't seem as personal (to me at least). I guess the balance is to keep one or two on standby for those times when you just wouldn't be able to produce one quite quickly.