Sunday 24 September 2017

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 297 and 298 - results

Well, that week raced past for sure! Autumn is definitely on the way - Spike the hedgie and his huge tribe are almost eating us out of house and home. We have no real idea just how many hedgies are visiting us now but word certainly must have got around.

We're doing a huge declutter here and a lot of time is being spent sorting and either Freecycling, taking to local charity shops or dumping stuff that's been accumulated over donkey's years. In fairness, little will be dumped as one man's rubbish is usually another man's treasure as they say :)

Let's get straight on with our Guest Designer for this fortnight - it's Elly of Elly's Creaties with this fabulous card:
Here's the front
A little peek inside
And a look at the snippets that Elly used for her glorious die cut flowers

What a brilliant card! I just adore the depth and texture Elly has incorporated into this stunner for her first Snippets Playground sot as Guest Designer.  I do hope it won't be the last as Elly is so talented and her cards are always beautiful.

This is what Elly said about her card:

I have used two snippets for my flower die.

First I layered my card with designer papers and then I used a stencil and made the brick wall with texture paste .

I stamped the butterfly and colored it with markers.

I also layered the inside with designer papers.

The sentiment/text is on vellum.

I hope you like it. 
 
And a few words about Elly:

Thanks for the opportunity to be a Guest Designer for this challenge.

My name is Elly and I live in the Netherlands.

I've been married to Jan for almost 48 years and we have 2 beautiful daughters and 2 lovely sons in law + 4 granddaughters.

I've been making cards for many years.

I love all kinds of styles and I always like to try something new.

You can find my blog here..https://ellyscardcreatief.blogspot.nl/

Greetings, Elly.
 
And here's the lady herself:
Little Miss Marple here noticed that the file name of the lovely photo of Elly implies it might be a passport photo - so why do my passport photos always look as if I'm under arrest?

Huge thanks to Elly for being our GD this fortnight and also for being such a loyal Playmate.

Drum roll - it's time for the fortnightly picks! And we have a Gold Star again this time!

 
Sonia made nine of these marvellous tea light bird houses as gifts for her daughter's teachers. I adore them and as always Sonia has given lots of lovely detail about how to make them for yourself over on her blog HERE. I'm sure you'll all agree that these are well worth a *** Gold Star *** award - do collect your badge from the right hand sidebar Sonia and well done!

Now for my other picks from this past fortnight - and I struggled as always but here are the final three I chose to show you:
This is such an eyecathing way to use up some of those little snippets strips we all seem to hoard! Made by Kath and, although it might look easy, I bet she spent quite a while arranging those colours to achive such a lovely result. Love it - one to remember!

And last, but not least, I picked this really elegant card, made by Steffi H for you to see. I know, I know - we still have three months until Christmas, but time will fly past. This card is so lovely - and as well as using snippets it's a possible for 'batch baking' :)

49 of you played along last fortnight, with two new Playmates joining us:

Lavinia - with these adorable pop up box cards 
 
And Gwendolyn, whose card image I can't copy to this post, but do hop over and take a peek if you can!

Prize draw time now and our winner of the Darkroom Door stamps - 'Butterfly' and 'Stand Out' (very kindly donated by Megan) and the Joanna Sheen 'Pressed Flower' stamp set is:

Well done Kathy, from what I know of your lovely work these stamps are right up your street, particularly the Darkroom Door ones! Can you please drop me an email with your address - then I'll post your prize off to you as soon as possible. My email address is on the right hand side bar.

Keep those snippets entries coming girls, you still have a week left to play HERE remember! The prize is a set of stamps with matching dies by Lawn Fawn called 'Hang in there' - as well as a set of The Works 'Stitched Circles' dies. I will split the prize (ie. the Lawn Fawn stamps and matching dies together or the Works set of stitched circle dies) if you only want to play for part of it.

Love from the little white peril Parsnip, who sat sobbing on the hallway floor yesterday when he saw me nipping off to the local charity shop with a huge bag of soft toys - I think he thought he might be next! Never fear little chap, you're here to stay for always - I need a little 'troublemaker and spy' in the Playground!






21 comments:

  1. The tea light bird house is beautiful. Congratulations to the winner, too. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou kindly for my spotlight above. Sis loved the card too. Hugs Mrs A. p.s. Been wading through piles of old letters here today. Can't possibly chuck them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab spotlight and makes and THANK YOU so much for picking my name - off to e-mail you with my snail mail!

    Happy Sunday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Elly with her beautiful card full of textures!
    Well done to Dr Sonia, another stunning 3D project as she always creates! Fab pics of the week, too, great inspirations.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card by Elly and CONGRATS to Kathy K on her win.

    Have a great week everyone.

    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card with explanation by guest designer Elly. Congratulations to the winner of the goodies too. Well done with the recycling and decluttering - something I should really be doing instead of adding to the general clutter (as you do), or at least I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, so many pretty designs to look at! I love them all. Congrats to Kathy.

    I know cleaning out is not a fun job, but it always feels good in the end to have clean closets and so on. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous choice of picks. I'm so pleased to hear that your hedgies are doing so well in sharp contrast to their national decline. Thank you for looking after them so well x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Kathy on her win, and oh my goodness, what awesome inspiration is found within this post! Nice job on designing Elly, what a beautifully detailed celebration card that is! Thanks for sharing all of these great ideas ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for choosing my card as one of your Top Picks!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the pretty flowers Ellie used for her sweet and pretty GD card with great use of those snippets, and great picks as usual with a well deserved Gold Star for Sonia, and congratulations to Kathy K for winning the lovely prize. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card from Elly and more fabulous picks. Hope Parsnip has recovered from the trauma you caused him - tell him there's some choccies hidden in the Tree House... that should cheer him up xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. l don't look too good on my passport photo too di but Elly looks stunning as is her card l just love it .....congrats Kathy K enjoy your win and again lots of lovely picks too congrats all l haven't come across any of the heggies in my garden as yet so hopefully they will be around take care x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card and photo from Elly. Great snippets! Well done to all. Your hedgies know a good meal deal obviously Di! Have a great week, glad you are pleased with your de cluttering..it always feels good doesn't it.Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Di, a stunning collection of Picks of the week, so many good ideas for using up some more snippets, your garden must have a neon H sign for the hedgies to all come visiting for a free feed, must say they look cute although I've never seen a real one before. As for photo id, no glasses allowed down under must be make-up free and no hint of a smile, basically a mug shot like being a prisoner... Glad to know the stamps are off to a happy home... have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Miss Di, and the lovely Parsnip.
    Congrats to Dr Sonia on her gold star award she sure does make some beautiful creations.
    Lucky Teachers.
    Congrats also to all the featured creations and Kathy on her win.
    Oh poor Parsnip fancy frightening him like that.
    The playground just wouldn't be the same without our little pal if he wasn't around.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to Ellie on her GD spot and I love her pretty snippety flowers, they look like Nasturtiums actually, also the beautiful highlights, and Sonia's birdhouse is definitely a gold star winner. Lastly well done to Kathy K for winning the great prize. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to Elly on her Guest Designer spot - fabulous card, great design with lots of texture. Beautiful picks, Di, and Sonia is a worthy recipient of the Gold Star Award. Well done to Kathy on her win. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of amazing inspiration again, congrats to Elly, Kathy and all the picks, and well done you for saving the hedgehogs......I picture a kind of spa retreat where they all congregate to feast :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So wonderful to read more about my friend Elly...have "known"her in the crafty land for some time now and what a gorgeous creation she has made! And boy am I thrilled to get the gold star...it was a marathon project and though usually kiddo helps me with the teacher's day gifts every year this year poor thing was so bogged down with exams. Thank you Di!!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats to KAthy K!
    You had some fabulous entries as always...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.